ALLOY20 (Carpenter 20Cb3)
ALLOY20 is a low carbon, Nb stabilised austentic Ni-Fe-Cr alloy with alloying additions of Cu & Mo.
- excellent resistance to sulphuric and phosphoric acids
- good resistance to intergranular corrosion
- very good resistance to chloride-ion induced stress-corrosion cracking
- good resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion
- good mechanical properties at both ambient and elevated temperatures, up to approximately 500 C (930 F).
Stock Form and Sizes
Round BarSpecification:ASTM B473@ASME SB473@NACE MR0175(ISO 15156)
¦@1000o@2000o@£3000o@¡3500o@4000o@2500o`3990o¦@Rolling Thread sizes available in C276(M4 to M10)
Hex BarSpecification:ASTM B473
Sourcable Ex-Stock Material for Other Forms from Japanese Distributor
Rod & Wire
¦@¢EEELimited Sizes Only@EEEPlease enquire
ALLOY20has excellent corrosion resistance to sulphuric, phosphoric and organic acids and to aqueous solutions of their salts. Resistance to nitric acid is also good. Due to the controlled chemical composition, the alloy also has excellent resistance to such forms of corrosion as intergranular corrosion and stress corrosion. The molybdenum content ensures good resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion. Optimum corrosion resistance can only be obtained if the material is in the correct metallurgical condition and clean.
ALLOY20 is used in a wide variety of applications up to temperatures of approximately 500 C (930 F).
Typical applications are:
- equipment for the manufacture of sulphuric acid and for processes based on sulphuric acid
- extraction columns in the production of amines and the processing of pharmaceuticals
- production of plastics and synthetic fibres
- equipment for food processing to protect against contamination
Mechanical propertiesiRound Barj
|Condition||Yield Strength(Mpa)||Tensile Strength(Mpa)||Elongation(%)||Hardness(HB)|
|ASTM Min Value||Soft Annealed||241||551||30|
|Typical Values at RT||Soft Annealed||274||617||50||184|
International Specification Comparison chart
- All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only and not for technical design purposes. We do not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information on our website is strictly at your own risk. and we will not be liable for any losses and damages in connection with the use of our website.